By she, I mean Kara, our dog, or garbage disposal. She eats EVERYTHING! It seems reasonable to say that if she thinks it might be yummy, she might try it.
So far the list of things she has sneakily consumed. Yes, I said sneakily . . . you turn your head for one second and:
- 3 Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies will disappear from the edge of the counter
- A stick of butter suddenly vanishes (the butter count is up to about 6 full sticks of butter)
- You’re studying and you think, I know I didn’t already eat that Oreo cookie, so how come I only have one left?
- What do you mean paper towels are yummy?
- Why, that beef stew wasn’t for you.
- Didn’t I just have a sandwich here?
- You did not just steal that strawberry off the counter!
- Why Olive Olives? You know Olive you.
- Egg Shells from the deviled eggs on Easter.
- Sweet Potatoes (Stupidly we left a bag from the farmer’s market on the porch)
- Corn Cobs.
This list, is growing. I expect her to eat many more things that one would not expect a dog to eat or even steal off the counter. My eggs dropping to the floor are one thing, snatching a stick of butter off the counter (packaged or not) is a whole other ball game.
If you’re wondering if she goes after the normal stuff too, you bet your tail she does. Our trash cans must be hidden and socks and underwear must be put in the laundry basket. And there was one time we thought she ate the entire Dino size bone we got . . . well, she didn’t eat it all in one night, turns out she hid it, but it isn’t something I would put past her for a second! Ever since one of the cats stole salmon right off the counter, meat was protected, but I assure you that too is also something she goes for. The question is, what won’t she eat?
Thanks for stopping by the Middle Brick Road, I hope you enjoyed this post. My name is Kacey and I am really big on health and all things natural – freedom – politics and bringing change by abandoning the boxes we too often put ourselves in.
If you’re new here, please take a look around, follow along and like me on Facebook, so you never miss a beat. =)) Until next time . . .